Saturday, August 21, 2010

Whats the worst advice you have seen given in this section?

I don't mean the things you disagree with, eg. CIO/ bottle feeding.





The worst i've seen is, when baby had something in her eye for a few days, someone answered telling them to sterilise some tweezers and when the baby is feeding use them to get it out!





I'm sure i'll think of more..Whats the worst advice you have seen given in this section?
I don't think this is the worst, but its the most recent one i can remember...





yesterday someone asked about cleaning a pacifier with mouthwash..someone suggest bleach and water... ugh!Whats the worst advice you have seen given in this section?
To the poster who balked at the idea of Tylenol causing autism...you may want to investigate that a bit more, before dismissing that idea out of hand. There is already quite a bit of accumulating evidence that is linking prenatal and early childhood use of Tylenol to asthma and allergies. I have two autistic boys, and their DAN! doctor advises us NOT to use Tylenol, because it lowers levels of a critical antioxidant called glutathione.





Wish I had known that years ago. I certainly don't think it's just a coincidence that autism rates started spiking right around the time that aspirin was shown to be linked to Reye's Syndrome.
i saw in the pregnancy section someone asked how can i bring on labour a usual Q asked but someone answered saying ';get your husband/boyfriend to give you a sweep like the midwife does its easy, mine done it and my waters broke withing X amount of hours'; what kind of advice is that to give a person.
Not really advice but I asked if other people's babies were flirts too and joked that I should be the only woman in my son's life. He was then around 10 months. Here is an answer I got:





';My son blows kisses, but it's only to women that he knows. He cocks his head side to side and and gives his adorable smile. I think it's adorable. Why are you so concerned? It's natural for boys to do this. You are not and are never going to be the ONLY woman in his life. Sounds to me like someone is a little jealous of these other women that your son gives attention to.';





Really?? I was kidding!!
when i was ttc some1 told me that my snakes were the reason i wasnt concieving!!!





lol





but saying that i did concieve the month after i sold 1 of them so maybe,..... lol.





i was also advised to get married as my fiance would leave me due to fertilty problems we were having (prior to the sperm test)





i mean how silly .





oh iv seen lots.... but its those who are deadley serious with thier stupid advice that gets me, i mean u obv get the trolls (stick ur head in the oven etc advice) but when people say stupid things but actually mean them , like ur tweezer comment.





good question x :D im intrigued
yesterday someone said that breast milk can help cure cancer in a baby. yeah then my daughter would have never needed chemo and 2 surgeries
Someone gave an answer yesterday that it was ok to give a 3 week old infant CEREAL in their bottle- and the asker picked it as best answer!!!!!





I got thumbed down 3 times for saying a 3 week old baby shouldn't be having solids lol.
that it is NORMAL to bleed when pregnant and not to worry,you can bleed when pregnant but it is far from normal
I remember a mother was having supply problems while breastfeeding her month old baby - someone said that rather than give them formula, just give them soon baby rice on a spoon!
Don't worry about sterilizing bottles - just put them in the dishwasher. Jeeze!
that i shouldnt start an elveator repair business just because i know nothing about reparing elevators. just cuz i dont know how to do it doesnt mean someone should crush my dreams
to give frozen ketchup packets to a baby for teething.





Danger written all over it.
That is best to have babies under the age of 25. Also that treenage pregnancies are not wrong!
To many to list seriously.
To circumcise.
If the baby can't sleep at night give them some alcohol.
A lady wrote on here that her week old baby would not sleep.


Some said to let him cry. He would learn :(
that baby tylenol causes autism. my god.
to make your baby sleep you should give it chloroform and vodka
OMG i cant believe some one would say that, thats shocking!!!
wanna stop a baby crying? give it a little shake!
I saw a question that was something like ';What do you do when your child is naughty?'; and the asker said she took away a toy. One of the answerers said that she sold her son's dog when he was naughty and that was the only way her son ever behaved!





I was horrified. If I sold our dog, I would actually have a revolt on my hands. Our dog is my kids' best friend. I would never get rid of a pet to get my kids to behave!

No comments:

Post a Comment