Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Parent gone bad, advice?

well my dad is married to my mom of course but he goes on the computer and talks to this girl that has a webcam. he can see her but she cant see him. she is like half naked and whenever i go into his room he would turn off the screen or click something and i know he talks to her. i think im the only one in the family that knows. hes putting me in a position where i want to tell my mom but i dont want to.





i hate keeping secrets like this from my mom, but what if i tell her and they get into a big argument. then what? we just bought a new house and it would be very difficult considering we are barely making it.





and im more observent whenever they are together. my mom does all, and i mean ALL the work around the house. i barely see my dad making dinner, cleaning the house or even giving affection to my mom like he use to a month ago. and its not fair to my mom considering she helped my dad thorugh all his debts and gives him money when he needs it. what should i do?Parent gone bad, advice?
Normally, children shouldn't get involved in these matters, but your father needs a wake-up call - big time. Don't talk to her. It's not your place to tell her. And if she finds this out from you, the news could potentially be much more painful. Take your father aside and let him know that you're aware of his internet 'activities.' Tell him that you don't want to hurt your mother or their marriage, but that's what you'll have to do if he doesn't re-commit himself to her. Say that you know it's not your role as the child to intervene in his marriage, but his decisions affect the whole family, not just the two of them. Good luck.Parent gone bad, advice?
Anyone who says you should totally stay out of it is an idiot! You should not have to carry that burden. You don't have to tell your mom, but you should talk to your dad then. Another option would be to lure your mom into the room to see your dad herself. Then you wouldn't have to say anything. Just come up with a reason for her going in that room then she can see for herself. On the other hand, it is also possible your mom knows and doesn't care. I doubt it, but it could be possible.
that's a shame to be put in such an awkward position. perhaps you could talk to your father and let him know how you feel. he's probably aware that you know something, but if you open up to him the way you did here, hopefully he would consider the bigger picture and try to correct his actions. even though you're upset, try to still be respectful in your approach and allow him to talk, too. ';be swift about hearing'; as the Bible says (James 1:19).
Easy to type not easy to do....





Say this:





';Dad. dude. stop';





';What?';





';You know what I'm talking about, stop';





';What? I have no idea what you are talking about!';





';Just stop, or I'm gonna tell mom';





I honestly believe that should help, and hope it does.
You basically have two options: Either confront your father and tell him you know what he is up to and to quit it or you tell your mom and let her handle it.
You should stay out of it and trust me I bet your mom knows more than you think. Enjoy and love your parents and let them handle their issues.
Aww i was in the same situation except my Mum was the one messing around i don't know =( tell or don't tell im not sure its your choice %26gt;.%26lt; ur mother doesn't deserve this shame man %26gt;.%26lt; good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment