Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Have any parents suffered from bad, or insensitive, advice given in message boards such as this?

I am a parent of a toddler myself and have asked and responded to questions via Y! Answers and was wondering how much reliance we are putting on networking services such as these.Have any parents suffered from bad, or insensitive, advice given in message boards such as this?
I would hope parents take advice here with a grain of salt and instead of relying on them fully seek advice from other sources, because some people here and not really trying to help or do give honest answers that might be incorrect.Have any parents suffered from bad, or insensitive, advice given in message boards such as this?
This is the reason I always provide links to actual published material on this subject.... also I make sure that I stay open minded, when I chose answers that I will heed. I make sure that they have good sources provided for the information they are giving. As always your best source in your mothinly instinct.... you always have to put in the ';what if'; factor into everything you do, and any advice you are givin
I have asked and answered questions on this site the trick is too read the answers and use your best judgment alot of the answers are good but there are a few idiots that get real stupid.....
I think places like Y Answers are great just for feeling validated as a mom. Of course you cant believe most of the stuff on here, but it makes me feel a lot better to see that other moms have the same concerns. When I answer a question, I do so to the best of my ability. If I'm not sure, I usually don't answer. I really enjoy reading all the silly stuff on here tho.
No. Sweets and late nights are good for kids.
I think with any advice given by the average person you have to make the personal decision whether it is good or bad advice.
These message boards are not really an effective way to get answers to certain questions. Babycenter.com is a very good website where you can get serious answers and help, and share experiences about babies and children. Just use yahoo ansswers to laugh at people's silly questions, i.e. I have fallen in the loo, what should I do?' 'Can I bleach my face?' etc etc.
If you ask a question and are uncomfortable with an answer then it probably is bad advice. There is some good information on here but I have seen more bad than good. Go with your gut when you're getting advice. If you are unsure you can try another source to compare information.

No comments:

Post a Comment