Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do government assigned Lawyers ever willfully give bad advice to clients?

Lawyers, please, I am not ';out to get you';...





We are anonymous, here on YA. Please help me.





I want to know:





Did my lawyer trick me?????





too long details boring:


I'm Manic Depressive Bi Polar. My governement assigned lawyer advised me to sign away my parental rights to my first born son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said that if I did NOT sign away my rights (all parental rights) She said that the GOVERNMENT would take my other child (a baby girl) and put her in foster care the instant she was BORN!








After I signed the papers and went to court, and , yes, signed away all parental rights.......





My current boyfriend, the Father of my little girl, is in my little girl's life. How could what my lawyer told me be true?????????





Surely, the OTHER parent would get custody!





My little baby girl was NOT going to go into the foster care system!!!!!!!





Did my lawyer trick me???!!!





Sure, it's not morally acceptable to lie to a client, but Golly gee, it could happen. Not of course, YOU, the lawyer, but maybe you have seen other lawyers do this? Do you allow your opinion to disrupt your work? Do you tell your client to sign away rights to her child, just cuz you ';feel '; like doing so? you think that maybe I'm not a good mother, so you tell me to just sign away my rights? and make up a story to tell me? a lie? just to get me to do what you want?





I guess there's no legal action I can take now, huh? I don't have finances to sue anyone. but I really do love my child. (He's with family now. so, it would be big arguement that would tear apart families.) They let him stay up late and sleep in until ten am. he just plays video games all day. He's fat. (my family calls and talks about the fabulouse breads, garlic and olive oil, cheese, every vegetable in butter, and then she says ';he's fat'; and ';it's YOUR fault'; its a psychological thing. YOU did this to him.'; ) It breaks my heart. I would never allow such things! We used to run and play outside ALLL day! I'm vegetarian and vegan,by the way. Not into butter and cheese, much.





I'm not always well. that is how I lost custody. what if I am Mentally ';well'; now? and how much so? I'm financially stable only because I get disability $ to care for me and my daughter. If I claim I am ';well'; to be a fit parent, then I'm ';well'; enough to go to work, and get off disability? huh? well .Ok.





Thanks for listening. Please answer the orginal question. Thank you.





I know the lawyer said I could marry the father (of my child) so it would look better on paper. The father of my first born child is not involved in his life. He has no rights.Do government assigned Lawyers ever willfully give bad advice to clients?
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS, IF YOU CAN READ, YOU CAN READ THE LAW.... PREPARE YOURSELF AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THEY TELL THE TRUTH OR LIE ABOUT IT.Do government assigned Lawyers ever willfully give bad advice to clients?
If I was a lawyer I'd help you out a bit more - but I was told a lawyer signs a contract that states they must always do what is in the best interest of the client - like a doctor signs one saying they will do every thing they can to save a life. If they don't they can lose their license and the ability to practice.


But, if this was always the case there wouldn't be the joke:


Why are lawyers buried 12 feet down instead of 6?





...Because REALLY deep down they're good people.





Hope this helps
You chose to omit what you were charged with and why the lawyer made the recommendation which has a bearing, in my view, on what advice a lawyer would give to you.





Being ';unwell'; is usually a case of neglect and failing to provide the necessaries of life.





You may not like the advice, but it might be better for the child.





However, you can also pursue this. Lawyers are governed in each state and you can always file a complaing if you believe you were ';tricked';.

No comments:

Post a Comment