Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is this bad advice from my doctor for diabetes and my diet?

I generally eat a very healthy whole food diet for the most part. By volume. it is over 60 or more produce with a wide variety of produce maybe 15-20 kinds of veggies and 5-6 kinds of fruit a day, 90% whole grains, free range meats maybe 4-5 meals a week, healthy fats, nuts and seeds and occasional free range dairy/eggs.





I kept a food dairy for 4 days..when I gave it to her, she checked off every fruit and grains..told me not to eat kashi buckwheat pancakes, oatmeal, brown rice, tabouli, brown rice or whole grain spaghetti and every fruit such as berries, apples, grapes, etc except unsweetened lemons she said I could have.





I have metabolic syndrome and possibly diabetes along the last aic was 5.9 just under the 6.0 wire.





I think it is unhealthy to leave out all carbs like that..the grains are complex carbs and although the fruit is considered simple sugar, it does have fiber to help it.





Is this good advice or should I continue eating as I do and work towards improving the occasional messups.





I am not sure what regular doctors recommend with blood sugar problems on diet..my doctor is an allopath but she is very, very into alternative health.








Are whole grains and fruits bad for me to eat. I am worried as my blood sugar was high today as I messed up and went to a Chinese buffet and this has me thinking if I should avoid carbs.





I had heard eating low on the glycemic index was good for blood sugar.Is this bad advice from my doctor for diabetes and my diet?
Seriously, I would check out Dr Mercola's Nutrition Plan on his website. It would be a big mistake not too.Is this bad advice from my doctor for diabetes and my diet?
I think you seriously need a different doctor who has more connection with reality and science. I would suggest looking at the details of what you are eating and look a couple of diabetes resource sites that will evaluate your diet contents without a political attitude mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment