Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Be Yourself: Bad advice?

Male, high school... sixteen.





Okay, I'm a really goofy guy and I can be a real jerk too without even wanting too. I've heard the relationship advice:





';Be yourself!';





A lot on yahoo answers, but I think that's a mistake if you're me. I've also heard that you shouldn't try to change yourself for anybody. Well, since I'm a genuine asshole/class clown ... would changing myself truly be the appropiate to choice to becoming a better person and in the long run entering a relationship?





I'm sixteen and I act like I'm twelve.





Continue to be myself





or





Let the masses manipulate me into being somebody I'm not?Be Yourself: Bad advice?
Why not try a little bit of both. You don't have to change your entire self, but maybe wind down the assholenes and go from there :)Be Yourself: Bad advice?
Now let me ask you something. You take on a different personality and get married to a hot girl. However, now that you are married, you have to spend the rest of your life pretending to be someone your not. And I mean not just at work, but at home as well (assuming that you plan on living with your wife). Is it worth it? Will you be happy?





However, will you be happy if everyone ignores/hates you because you are an asshole/class clown?





You need to find a balance somewhere between being yourself and being someone your not.


Think of it this way, pretty much everyone has multiple personalities, however these many personalities make up who they are. For example, is your personality the same when your with your grandma and when your with your friends? With friends, people tend to be more open and when around elders, people tend to have a more respectful personality.





I hope I make sense....
I guess it depends on a few things. Like how far through maturity you are, if your not that far, the way you act may change as you see things differently.





But sometimes, even after maturity, people hold some of the tendencies they had when they were younger. Certainly don't pretend to be someone that your not, but if you can see that what your doing is annoying someone or hurting someones feelings then some discretion would be wize.





Don't fake who you are, but don't allow your actions hurt other people if you can see that they are.
BE YOURSELF! it's just going to be soo much worse if you pretend to be this great guy, and you get this girl to fall for you and then the real you pops out and ruins everything. That has happened to me many times, and it is ANNOYING AS HELL! Trust me, there are girls out there who are immature assholes too who will compliment your personality, just be patient, you're only 16 you have plenty of time, once your out of highschool there are so many more options
no, it would **** up your relation ship because the person would have falling for hte person you really arent or your acting like, my boyfriend acts like him self, he can be a major prev at times, but he also cares for me, and he also gets mad at me sometimes... but ya, relaly be yourself, because in the long run the only person your'll hurt is yourself if your not really you.
Honestly, guys around your age take time to mature. I do believe in the lines of ';Be Yourself';. And in your case it sounds like being a class clown for right now is being yourself, so be it. I wouldn't concern yourself with yielding to the masses too much because going through your teen years you'll start to change without even knowing it.
yes, be yourself, but just be your Improved slef. u are not changing for someone else, but for your own good and self-bettering (hah thats not a word but w/e) try not to be such an asshole but the class clown thing is fine...maybe tone it down a tiny bit. try to be kinder and less of a jerk. but still let your personality shine through, just in the good ways and u willl be set!
Be yourself. My boyfriend was the class clown/jerk in high school and didn't date too much. He's 21 now and we've been together for two years. I love that he's a total clown and a bit immature. It's more fun that way. Be yourself, there will be women who are into your type of personality! Never conform to what society sees as desirable. It's tough in high school because it's all about popularity, but things will change for you.
find someone that likes you for who u are.. sometimes its okay to change a little.. but not to the point when ur not even the same person..


act mature when its needed..





for some reason ive always like the guys that act crazy and immature.. so there are girls out there that will like that.
Act your age I mean you know what is right from wrong now and distiguish embarrassing from cool right? If you can do this you could get the girl you want and always be a gentleman.
you have to put on a fake front to get with chicks. then later after you have been dating her for awhile, you can slowly revert to who you are. by then its too late lol
Be yourself. If someone truly likes you, then they'll like you as yourself.
god man i hate it when i ask a question like this and the be yourself line comes out
just act less stupid around the chicks





then they will think you are mature lol

No comments:

Post a Comment