Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's the best and worst advice you have been given?

Or seen given to a question in the pregnancy and parenting section?What's the best and worst advice you have been given?
Worst advice is juice, cereal, and water for an infant - and let them cry it out when they are so small.





Best advice is that bottle feeding is not a good thing, nor something you should be proud of.What's the best and worst advice you have been given?
the worst ';advise'; ive seen people give on here is when people completely bash bottle feeding mothers. its completely retarded! people really should get over it. this just annoys me in general.





i ve never gotten any real great ';advise'; but i am glad to know that there are other real mothers out there who do make mistakes.








also what i find annoying is when people are looking for actual medical advise on the internet, when they should be contacting their childs doctor.








edit: i also find it more funny than anything is the people who have no children find the need to tell you how to raise your child or what you are doing wrong. and no, babysitting or being around children is not the same as having your own
Oh, I had an answer before I saw the rest of the question. I was going to say that I work at a PD as a dispatcher and 2 other dispatch girls and our female detective who specializes in child abuse were all at a party and some girl gave me advice to use whiskey for my 5 month old's teething. WTF in front of a DETECTIVE that I work with lol!





But I didn't use that section a whole lot so sorry I answered :( Dur i meant i didn't use the pregnancy section often. GOSH i'm tarded tonight.





OK, maybe giving water to newborns...
Yeah I dont like how people pick on bottle/formula feeding mums either.


I mean i breastfeed my daughter now (she is only 8weeks) but 10 years ago when i had my first son, be screwed if i was going to breastfeed so i bottle fed back then.


the best- its amusing when people ask 'am i pregnant' and i think always there is someone who writes back the most logical answer and thats get a test done!
When all else fails to stop baby crying, give her a cuddle.





Its never let me down, so simple but so effective.








I cant think of the worst advice, Ive had pretty horrible statements made at me - bad mother for formula feeding, let her CIO, co-sleeping is not safe.
Worst Advice: if someone isn't nice to you then they're not worth your time.





Best Advice: Don't take my advice anymore.





it's hard to listen to the best advice now after what happened with the worst advice.........
Parents telling other parents to give their two-month-olds juice.
Anyone that says put baby rice/cereal in a two month old's bottle.....

No comments:

Post a Comment