Friday, November 25, 2011

Legs hurt so bad when I start walking/exercising,advice please?

Since I was a teenager I have been walking %26amp; been active. I am a little overweight now, but I have continued walking when I can. I have never had any trouble with my legs, feet, or anything. I used to feel like I could walk forever, it actually relieved stressed and made me feel good. I have decided that since my son started kindergarten, I am going to walk every morning to lose weight. The first day I walked 1 1/2 miles and felt good, but my legs cramped a little (in the calves area). The second day, within minutes of starting my walk, my calves starting tightening up so bad, I could barely walk. Then this morning, the same thing. Within 2 to 3 minutes of starting, my calves felt like they were tight %26amp; on fire. My legs felt so heavy. When I stopped, it relieved the pain, it was all I could do to make it to my car. I don't know what to do.I do stretches, I am hydrated, I have good walking shoes.....my Doctor just says take it slow. If I take it any slower I will be stopping.Any advice?Legs hurt so bad when I start walking/exercising,advice please?
First of all, you've done way too much for getting back into it. You have to start in 15-20 minute increments. Always stretch before walking.


Take some calcium and magnesium supplements if you don't get a lot of dairy products.


As you ease into the routine again, you know it will be safe to go further when you feel very little or no pain anymore.Legs hurt so bad when I start walking/exercising,advice please?
Could be shin splints. You are going to have to build yourself up slowly as your doctor has advised!!!
Ya know I HAD the same problems so I discussed it with my dr. and nutritionist. They told me that you need to eat healthy. If you are loading your body with a bunch of junk all the time then your body is going to be loaded down with junk putting alot of strain on your muscles. I take potassium and calcium purvate now and I can walk 3-4 miles without the slightest hint of pain. You just have to change your eating habits and add supplements. It really works it did for me and the back of my calves would hurt so bad that I would literally be in tears walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment