Friday, November 25, 2011

Why all the bad advice on here? Who asked for your opinions?

Why do so many continue to give bad or incorrect answers?





And why when the question asks a specific question do many feel they need to give their opinion ?





I noticed many do not understand that there are different branches of the military. Many times someone asks about USMC boot camp and you have non Marines answering with how their time was in AF basic or army basic..All these answers do is mislead the people who see this information.





I saw a question that asked ';how many days of leave do you get after usmc boot camp?';..and most answers were non marines. WHY? people were saying things like,';when i went to army ait i had 15 days of leave';..%26lt;%26lt;who cares and who asked you..





And to the ';wives'; or GF's of servicemen, by you talking crap as if you know anything on here all you do is fiurther add to the problems they face. There is no need for you to state that your branch is the best or any crap like that because yopu dont know what your talking about.





Whats funny is that most of the arguing of who is best and all that is done by NON MILITARY folks..





My question is simple..Why do so many who dont have a good answer love to answer with lame answers or answers that dont relate to the question? and why do they offer an opinion when none was asked for?





If the question asks ';what do you think'; then an opinion is fine, but just click around and you will see that most answers are opinions..and opinions are coming from civilians..thats just silly.Why all the bad advice on here? Who asked for your opinions?
I get what you are saying, but on the other side, alot of questions ask for opinions like ';Which branch is best?';


People fuel it as much as people commit the bad/incorrect/what have you questions. And in my opinion, living a military lifestyle is alot more than what civilians have....alot of wives are very informed....my husband didn't even know where 82nd Airborne is stationed or 101st Airborne but I did (Bragg and Campbell). I have lived a military lifestyle my whole life, not just as a spouse. And also I think it is silly to think you will get the most intelligent answer on YA, on the other hand, because you get so many people putting their info on here, just like Wikipedia. And people in military families are not civilians technically...they are military dependants until the servicemember leaves service. But I agree that the cross-branch opinions are not the best - a question about the Army will not work with a Navy answer, etc...I try to stick to Army/USMC questionsWhy all the bad advice on here? Who asked for your opinions?
Well I joint train With a Marine Gunnery School. Therefore I know my job and how they operate the exact same equipment. We (the Army) and the Marine Corps share some of the same Nomenclature of operations. Hell all my books say on the front ';the Army and Marine corps manual Gunnery book';. Soo I have a little way to sway at least when it comes to field artillery.
I've noticed that most answers on YA are wrong, not just the answers to miltary questions. For some reason, people believe they know the answer even when they don't. No matter -- I think most people are pretty good at separating the wheat from the chaff.
Well, who asked for yours? I am a military wife and grew up in a military family, so I have had a lot of experience. I avoid answers I know I don't know the answer to. Not all wives are idiots.
As for ';who asked for your opinion anyway'; the answer would be whoever posted the ';question';. If you don't like the way things are done on yahoo answers then why are you on here?
Don't ask a military question to a place where a lot of gamer nerds hang out. Do your own research at a reputable site.
';Who asked for your opinion';? You did.
Well that's what you get when you are on a public forum. If you don't like it then look somewhere else for your answers.
Free advice is worth what you pay for it.
There are things that are the same in all branches Ie base pay,BAH, accumulation of leave and Tricare.





As for wives answering questions... if the answer is correct what's the problem??? I mean if they are giving bad info that's one thing but if they aren't then there shouldn't be an issue. I know wives who know more than some service members. I have 1SG's and CO's that come to me for info (and not just FRG stuff) I can quote regs, standards and traditions without looking them up.... so I would say that I'm pretty informed about the Military. If I'm unsure I either look it up, ask my DH or don't answer.





As for people giving their opinion and who asked for it... well the question poster did and if you can't handle people's options then maybe you shouldn't post here.





I agree with you on the who's the better branch questions.. I find those beyond annoying and avoid them for the most part. I've gotten onto a couple people for slandering a branch when they haven't served in it.
Calm down. In this format of asking questions you get many people answering. Then it is up to you and others to vote on the best answer. So you can choose the best answer if you do not like the one you get.





Also many answers can be answered by talking to recruiters and/or using the Google and just taking some time to use one's own brain and find the answer.





So those in glass houses should not throw stones or criticize the answers of others. It is up to you as the receiver of information to accept it or not!
Well, first off, ALL military personnel get 30 days of leave a year regardless of branch or rank. That's 2.5 days per month. When the answer is the same for everyone, anyone who actually knows will do.





Other answers are unique to each service. Those should be answered by someone with first hand knowledge.





As for those who think the US _________ (fill in your service) is the best - we all have a specific function and mission as part of a team. Take away one piece and the whole thing starts to unravel. I love flying and wouldn't trade it for any other military occupational series. However, other folks prefer good old terra firma (I kind of feel that way about ships).





When you ask questions in a free-for-all forum like YA, expect strap hangers to chime in. If that's not what you are willing to tolerate, ask your questions in some other forum.





In the meantime, just make sure YOU chime in when you have the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment