Friday, November 25, 2011

So things are really bad. Advice?

A year and a half ago I transferred to a college in a major city in my state. I really just wanted to get away from my life and meet new people (Really, a break-up with a boyfriend made me want to start a new life).. I came here and I still feel lost. This has been the worst time in my life. Things should be fun... I'm 22! I'm an attractive enough girl but i'm kind of shy and have little confidence. I have two friends. I have not done well in school either... I feel so horrible for disappointing my parents and wasting their money. I am close to suspension. I don't know if I should just take a break and work for a little bit?


I miss my life two years ago. It was better than it is now, but if i leave will I be even more of a failure for not making it work here?


I am always depressed and I cry a lot. I really don't know what to do.


I feel like I'm wasting my life away every single day... i want to enjoy life but don't really know how.So things are really bad. Advice?
Keep your chin up! You are young, you are pretty, you are smart, you can make decisions to improve your life without feeling like a failure. Everyone has 'valleys' in their life (trust me, I have had plenty of them), but there's always hope for a better tomorrow.





If you absolutely think you cannot be successful in your new location, then move back to your hometown and go to a smaller college. But don't stop going to school, because you need to get that out of the way while you are young. In the meantime, finish out this semester and make a promise to yourself that you're going to do bring your grades up, one day at a time.





Also, I believe when you get busy, you get better. If you want to enjoy life, you should try volunteering for something that will show you that you are worthy of love and respect and happiness. There are tons of nursing homes in every community; many residents of nursing homes never, ever get one single visitor. Why not call around and find a home with a resident (or two) with whom you can visit every Sunday? Read them the Bible, pray with them, sing to them, sing WITH them, or just do a puzzle if you don't feel comfortable doing those other activities. I am sure that if you visit one of these residents, the quality of both their lives and YOUR life will improve vastly and rapidly. It will give you something to do while you are mulling over the decision to go back home or stay and fight it out. Perhaps you might even find someone who can inspire you and give you some guidance! I guarantee you if you do this, your depression will lift and you will start to feel good again.





Don't give up! Take baby steps, they work!So things are really bad. Advice?
';Do in life what makes you happy';





Keep in mind. Also, if your going to try to allow a happy life for yourself, take a public speaking course for your shyness. Work on it a little. So, not so good education, what can U do about taht now to make U happi ??


(:
Ask God to come into your life :)





http://www.everystudent.com/features/gettingconnected.html
Taking a break may not be a bad idea. I think you should maybe see a therapist. I know a lot of women our age including myself who have been through the same thing. I think you should check out this book called ';20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman's Guide to Balance and Direction '; by Christine Hassler. You might be experiencing a quarter life crisis. Look up the term to get more familiar with it and see if it applies to you. Things will get better :-)!
omg don't worry!Don't waste your time crying,take that time to decide to think what to do.Don't worry you have confidence and thats what you really need.First try to make more friends by taking help from your two friends.If you start liking a man go for it but first just be friends and get to know him and then if you think he's right for you then don't be shy to tell him what you think of him just be confident and let it out or else it's too late....Then im sure you're gonna be really happy..hope i he helped!Be happy no time to cry you have busy life!:D and remember crying will not help!!
I've been there...and YES it is a good idea to work and just take a break from school. Not only will it help you to clear your head and maybe help you figure out what you want to do with your life but you will also have a lot of respect for your school work when you go back because you will realize that you do not want to work at a crappy job for ever!! In the end you will put your priorities first...school...family(which in your case ties in together sine you are using your parents money)...friends and THEN a relationship with a guy...I have seen too many of my friends (including myself when I was a freshmen, try to put a guy before those things and I wonder when they are going to realize that school and family should come first not friends and boyfriends) But, just realize you are not alone many many college aged girls do the same thing...some can manage all at once and some can not...sad thing is the ones that can not it usually takes something horrible to happen (like suspension) before they realize what they should put first. So please do yourself a favor and take a semester off...work...and then you will realize what is more important. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment