Friday, July 30, 2010

How do I cancel the bad friendships I am in. With people I shouldn't be hanging out with anymore. Advice?

Only serious answers please.





I still text and answer the calls to people that I know I shouldn't but it's hard... Any good advice. Because i've tried everything but I know I need to get my life straight...





Thanks...How do I cancel the bad friendships I am in. With people I shouldn't be hanging out with anymore. Advice?
I have been in the exact same situation and i think its great that you realize what you need to do..





You need to just start avoiding them.. stop responding to most of their texts and calls only responding randomly if you really can't help it.. and do not agree to any specific plans with them.


Find new (if you don't already have some) loyal friends and start hanging out with them much more. If you already have them (assuming that you do) surround yourself with them and keep busy.





If these bad friends question your behavior you can give a semi honest opinion or again, ignore it all together.. The texts will slow and probably eventually stop.


Then as much as i would say it sucks.. change your number. That is the best way to totally refresh your life with only the important people in your life having access to you.





Good Luck!How do I cancel the bad friendships I am in. With people I shouldn't be hanging out with anymore. Advice?
how bad is the friendship first?
You need to totally ignore these people. If need be, tell them straight up that you don't want to be friends any more.
loose the phone for a few days, then have someone delete the msgs. Or cancel the testing on the phone. Block it. If you ignore them......they will go away
you are just going to have to force yourself not to. Tell yourself that its for the best. Delete there numbers from your phone book, there email addresses, if you have a myspace(etc.) delete them. Don't even read the texts. just delete them. thats the only thing I know to do. Its going to be hard, but you're going to have to remind yourself everytime they contact you thats its for the best.
do him in the butt
Don't worry im been in the same problem. What I did is that I told the people or group that im done and i told them that im not going to hang out with them anymore and im going to chage and do the right thing don't worry its going to feel good you just have to do it!!!
My advice is a little repetitive....but definitely be honest with them. If they are mean to you, or take it badly, then know they aren't good enough to be your friends. make some new ones! when you know you're with people you trust and like, you'll know it, and you won't feel guilty, unsure, and you'll be happy.
How about getting a new phone number?
tell them
You need to just stand up for yourself and make sure you stay true to what you want. If someone calls you and you don't answer, you don't need to feel guilty. It's your choice who you want to talk to, who you want to spend time with. I've had the exact same situation-- still have it, actually-- and I've finally figured out how to deal with it. Good luck. Be true to who you want to be.
Talking is the key. It's what makes things better. You tell them about what you feel towards them and start to give them the idea that it might not be such a great idea to hang out as friends. Do not ignore and leave them in the dark thinking you hate them that is the last thing you would do. Tell them straight to the face is better than just ignoring them. You shouldn't yell unless you really start to lose it. After that, if you really don't want to text or call them then block them after you talk to them! No friendship is easy but that's okay if you know how to handle it.Good luck!
Change your number if you have to. If they knock on your door, don't answer. If you see them out, walk the other way. If these people are bad influences on you, the only way to break the ties with them is to do it fully. You've got to do it all at once and stick to it.





Think about it like this. If you're going to chop down a tree would it be easier to do it with tons of little chops or would it be better to swing hard and get it down in one swift blow?





Good luck!
Well.... Change your way of being you or something!
I'm in the same place you are! My best friend went to jail today! My mom has told me to leave her alone for years! I would probably just tell you to delete them from your phone %26amp; block them from calling you! I guess i need to take my own advise! :-)~
It's really good that you relies these people aren't good for you and are trying to straighten out. What I would suggest is just slowing breaking yourself away from them. Don't be rude, just occupy yourself with other things and eventually they'll stop asking you to hang out or whatever and the relationships will fizzle out, hopefully.
Dont take those calls and texts it is just gonna give that person the thought that you still want to be friends and that you are still friends. Just try to start hanging out with other people.
you have to stop answering the texts/calls..maybe not all at once but slowly. Gradually distance yourself from them until they just move on to someone who is more active in their life. Thats what I've done..
slowly stop talking to them and stop hanging out with them...
Stop returning texts and calls and they will eventually get the hint. And anything worth doing is not easy but must be done.
I had to do the same thing so i get it. First (obviously) is stop answering their texts and calls. Call your cell network and have them block their numbers if you have to. Also, tell them straight up that they're not good influences for you and that you can't have them in your life while they're still doing that stuff. If it's still not working switch environments, take yourself away from the bad influences. Also, meet new people, if you have a lot of good influences you won't feel like you need the bad ones so much. Hope this helps =D
There is no magic to it. You basically have to grow a backbone and say ';no more!';





I've been in this situation before. Its a lot better to get away from bad friends before something happens that'll screw up your life. I.e.: getting arrested, an unexpected pregnancy, motivating you to stay away from educational achievement, etc.






Why are you doing something you dont really want to? Ask yourself that question. Nobody can make you do anything if you dont want to..it's all in your hands.
slowly back off


%26amp;start hanging out with different people


they'll probably get the idea sooner or later


%26amp;you might wanna talk it out too
Just talk it out with them and try to fix things up.. explain ur feelings to them :D good luck
If they ask to you hang out, tell them you can't or that you're busy, answer their calls and messages less, drift slowly away from them, find new friends to occupy yourself with. Good luck!
gradualy stop talking to them and hang out with other people



First off congratulations with wanting to get your life in order, I know it can be hard to end friendships with negative influences.





I don't necessarily think you have to cut off all contact with these people unless they make it impossible for you to get your own life in order. (what i mean by this is to keep in contact only through emails or something not by hanging out with them)





The easiest thing I could tell you to do is to write (or email) these friends a letter saying that you need to do some work on yourself, apologize and tell them that it is nothing personal (even if it is). Don't burn any bridges because it might make it hard for you later on in life to show these people that your dessions really were for your best interest (meaning you might need to set an example one day).





Don't take any phone calls or make plans to hang out with them.





When I stopped doing drugs I tired to stay friends with all my pot buddies and all they wanted to do was, you guessed it, smoke up and it made it hard to stay friends with them because we had no common ground for a close friendship anymore. After my life got on track i was able to talk to them again, but that was very hard for me because they really were my best friends.





The best advice i can give you is to take it one day at a time and keep your eyes on the big picture, which is getting your life on the right track.





Good luck
Erase their numbers from your phone, AIM, and websites like facebook and myspace, if you have any of those.





I was in the same situation over the summer and i still would hangout with them, rarely, and communicate with them through the computer.





But since college has started up again, I go to school 5 days a week and go to work part time, it keeps me really busy. Just find ways to keep yourself preoccupied and you won't even bother to think of them.





Best of luck to you!
make new friends





then start hanging out with your new friends





and slowly but surely your old ones will dissappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment